Pokémon Final Legendaries Clan

Please register or login to view the full extent of Pokemon Final Legendaries. You can only view our Pokemon cheats if you are registered. So be sure to do that.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please register or login to view the full extent of Pokemon Final Legendaries. You can only view our Pokemon cheats if you are registered. So be sure to do that.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got any suggestions or ideas? Go to the Suggestions and Ideas section to submit anything that might improve the forum.
Welcome xyroh1ne, our latest user.
Don't forget to visit the PokeShop for custom ranks and warning bar refills.
We are in the process of updating our skin so please be patient as the forum may look messy for a few days.

+2
Darkrai
Marinator
6 posters

SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it

Marinator
    Marinator

Pokédollars5953
    Favourite Pokémon : Tyranitar

SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it Empty SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it

Post by Marinator Fri 18 Jun 2010, 2:54 am

The Definition of SPAM on most sites: Short, Pointless, Annoying Messages.

Type 1: Short replies/Post/Private messages

This type of spam can be many different things. The main thing to avoid with the short post is for it to not have a meaning.

Hi, I'm new here.
    Be my friend

And there are others. If this is all that's in your post, or something similar to these, the post will get deleted, and you'll be warned and/or banned.

Type 2: Off Topic replies/post

This one is a little easier to understand, and is easy to avoid. If the title is set up to be about trading pokémon, don't post about how your day was.

Here is a picture of an off Topic (and yes, I'm naming and shaming)

SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it Spam10

Type 3: Smiley Abuse

This means using too many smilies. Using one or two sparingly through your post is fine, but DO NOT make the post be 1/2 or more smilies. Preferable not even 1/4 or even 1/5, since smilies are distracting.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hi, I'm Marinator, nice to meet you.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What happened? That couldn't have been the truth, could it? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Smile Well, there are different things that could have been done. Shocked Picking a fight with her over that was not wise Well, I guess nothing we can do about it now. Mad Mad Mad

And any post with ONLY smilies in it is spam.

Type 4: Begging

Begging can be on anything. If you go this long about it, then you've probably been reported, and Staff members will have to get involved. Some people will give you some chance on this area, but just don't take the chance.

Type 5: Images

This is an easy one to avoid. Don't post an image or a group of images in every post you make. If you want to show off the picture, put it in your journal or in your signature.

Hard to demonstrate on here...

Type 6: Multi-posting or Flooding PMs

There is a rule against Multi-posting in most areas. If you post something, but need to say something else while nobody else has posted, then EDIT your previous post.

Multi-posting: The act of posting more than one time in a row. This includes Double-posting, triple-posting, and any other number of post in a row. This is a type of spam, though using it to bring your forum up is okay ONLY if a week has passed since the last post. Multi-posting is allowed in your own Journal (PokeDiary) though.

Flooding: The act of sending a ton of PMs to a user all about the same thing and not waiting for a reply. Can also be used to refer to a user PMing a bunch of different users about the same thing without waiting for anyone to reply to them. This is likely to get you banned.

Ways to avoid this:
    Edit your post if needed. Clicking the SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it I_icon_editbutton will allow you to do this.
    Wait for someone to reply. It might take a little bit of time, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
    If you send someone 2 pm (Private Messages) in a row about something, leave it there and wait for their reply. I say 2, because it's easy to forget something, and you can't edit a sent PM.
    Wait a week. That's the time in the rules that you must wait before posting a bump.

Type 7:Read The Freaking 1st Post!!

Most of the Pokeshop threads have a price that you have to have BEFORE you post there. Not having the correct amount of SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it Pokedo11 will result in a warning. Continuous posting without the correct amount of money, will result in a ban!

Type 8: ALL CAPS POSTS
    Simple enough, posts that are all caps are considered spam

Example:
    HEY! I'M MARINATOR! NICE TO MEET U

Type 9: Spelling errors/n00b talk
    Please, before you post, make sure all the words you are using is correctly spelled.
    Also, text spelling is considered spam. Exceptions are Lol, Rofl etc..., u and r
    Example:
    H1, wassup? Da Roof? i w00d realy lke u 2 gve me Pkemn!
    (It's considered as chat speak, and is allowed in cbox only)

End Notes:

This was done off the top of my head mostly and because I am PISSED OFF at the n00b's that post stupid little things in the pokeshop and other places. I'm sure there are still some types missing, so feel free to get in contact with me if you can think of any that was missed.

If something needs to be defined, then please tell me, so that I can define it.

Disagree with the definition? Then tell me how you would have defined it.

Last updated by Marinator on 17/07/10

Last edited by Marinator on Sat 17 Jul 2010, 12:36 am; edited 3 times in total
    Darkrai
    Darkrai
    Darkrai custom rank
    Darkrai custom rank

Pokédollars5169
    Favourite Pokémon : Darkrai

SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it Empty Re: SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it

Post by Darkrai Fri 18 Jun 2010, 6:40 am

i defined it! reason is: CONGRATS! UR GOOD AT THIS Razz
    FlamingToaster
    FlamingToaster
    FlamingToaster's Custom Rank

Pokédollars6490
    Favourite Pokémon : Sceptile

SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it Empty Re: SPAMMING: What it is, and how to avoid it

Post by FlamingToaster Fri 18 Jun 2010, 7:05 am

Great work marination! One thing i might add though, ALL CAPS POSTS ARE VERY ANNOYING and is sort of considered spam, maybe you should add it in the list. It isn't as major but thought i might mention it.
    Registeel
    Registeel
    Fail King
    Fail King

Pokédollars8476
    Favourite Pokémon : Will from Ranger's Apprentice

Post by Registeel Fri 18 Jun 2010, 8:03 am

Sexy work Marination. I might add spelling errors. I don't know if its really considered spam, buts its bloody annoying seeing a post that hasnt no correct grammar and horrible spelling.
    Marinator
    Marinator

Pokédollars5953

Post by Marinator Fri 18 Jun 2010, 4:19 pm

Updated, how does it look?
    Registeel
    Registeel
    Fail King
    Fail King

Pokédollars8476

Post by Registeel Fri 18 Jun 2010, 7:31 pm

It looks so good, my finger just jizzed
    Darkrai
    Darkrai
    Darkrai custom rank
    Darkrai custom rank

Pokédollars5169
    Favourite Pokémon : Darkrai

Post by Darkrai Fri 18 Jun 2010, 9:51 pm

updated some, and if staff are updating, make sure to mark it like i have
    Undefeatedpure
    Undefeatedpure
    UP
    UP

Pokédollars6115
    Favourite Pokémon : Magikarp!!

Post by Undefeatedpure Sat 19 Jun 2010, 5:17 am

This is a good thread. At least ppl have no right 2 say: idk wtf spam is !.

Good job marin.
    Registeel
    Registeel
    Fail King
    Fail King

Pokédollars8476

Post by Registeel Sat 19 Jun 2010, 6:16 am

Well put UP. This thread is great, I'm surprised no-one made it before.. Now it's someones turn to fix the grammar mistake in the thread name. You spelled avoid---aviod.
    FlamingToaster
    FlamingToaster

Pokédollars6490
    Favourite Pokémon : Sceptile

Post by FlamingToaster Sat 19 Jun 2010, 7:27 am

lol, i'll fix it regi.
    Marinator
    Marinator

Pokédollars5953

Post by Marinator Sat 17 Jul 2010, 12:37 am

Updated the first post
    MewMaster
    MewMaster

Pokédollars5252
    Favourite Pokémon : Mew

Post by MewMaster Sat 17 Jul 2010, 6:19 pm

nice job marin Very Happy
    Marinator
    Marinator

Pokédollars5953

Post by Marinator Mon 19 Jul 2010, 12:58 am

I'm locking this. We don't really need people posting here. It's basicly Spamming anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:36 pm